Thursday 17 September 2009

Why we all love 'Arry


Fellow yids, this time tomorrow I will be basking in the luke warm temperatures and (apparantely) torrential rain of the Croatian coastline. Most believe that I will be there in the hope that my body, currently resembling a Spurs shirt (white with the mildest touch of yellow), will be transformed into the bronzed hue of the big eared, crisp eating one. However, the true reason for my trip is of far greater importance. During my travels I hope to find myself in a little village outside Zadar, walking up a dusty track to a farmhouse with wooden shutters. With a shaking hand I will knock firmly on the heavy oak door and step back respectfully, head bowed, waiting for a response. Suddenly comes the rasping noise of bolts being drawn and the gentle creak of ancient hinges. From the darkness of the doorway emerges a small, grey haired woman, hunched slightly; the woman who gave us Little Luka. Overwhelmed by emotion, bleary eyed, I will rush forward seizing her in a familial embrace then leaning forward ever so gently I will whisper 'Thank you' and depart.


Whilst the last paragraph has as much truth in it as an 'Arry press conference "Peter Crouch? Never 'eard of 'im. No the chairman's not made an approach. Utter rubbish...garbage", I am indeed going away to Croatia for a week. I promise to return having unearthed numerous footballing gems and wearing the scars of being a victorious England fan, but in the meantime...




Cracks me up everytime I watch it, and just to make it even better it was live on Sky Sports news. This interview is part of the reason I love 'Arry. He doesn't mess around, he doesn't mince his words (at least not to players) and he's never afraid to express his opinion. With football increasingly filled with perma tanned prima donnas, both on and off the field, its nice to see someone from the old school still doing his thing, and so far, doing it well.


In 'Arry We Trust


4 comments:

  1. Yea, actually, that is quite funny - loved the way he just wouldn't leave it when the interviewer tried to resume :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Harry is such a hero.

    "No wonder he's in the f*ckin reserves"

    Can always trust him to say it how it is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. knows the deal........

    u what guv!

    which probably means the half time talks are hilarious..........

    pav....just fxxxkin run!!


    great that spurs have got some roots again

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Loved the intro! Send her my regards if you manage to find her.

    ReplyDelete